Places to stay and things to do
We have several wonderful Bed & Breakfast’s, Lodges and Baches around us which we would recommend people to stay whilst they are experiencing the wonders of Northland.
- Vanessa and Richard (my inlaws) have 2 amazing Baches overlooking the Puerura Pennisula. But, if you would rather be nearer town, they also have "DRIFTWOOD CENTRAL". They have added their special touch to each of these chalets. They have been modernized to a cool, sophisicated bachy way. Perfect if you are planning a party or wedding with Ake Ake! (click here).
- Geoff and Chris at 88 Lodge are wonderful hosts. Their lovely accommodation will make you feel like it is home away from home. (click here)
- If you want a beautiful place to stay at Whangaroa Harbour, make sure you book in with Shaun + Judy at Waimanu Lodge. They have been said to be better than Kauri Cliffs! www.waimanulodge.co.nz
- For somewhere REALLY special and very romantic there is Magic Cottage at Takou Bay. Ian and Anna have created an amazing place.
- Another lovely Boutique Lodge has opened just around the corner. Check them out. www.orchidgrove.co.nz
Tours from Paihia
Fullers Great Sights - Bay of Islands operate tours to Kerikeri from Paihia and Russell daily which include our vineyard tour and tasting. For more details www.dolphincruises.co.nz/tours/discover-kerikeri/
Total Tours operate various Wine Tours from Paihia daily visiting vineyards in the Kerikeri area including an evening wine and dine tour with a 3 course meal at our restaurant. For more details www.totaltours.co.nz/tours.htm