At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
- A HEAD'S UP - we are FULLY BOOKED this Friday 19th Dec for Lunch and Dinner. Cellar door will still be open. Also we are CLOSED SUNDAY 21st Dec for a Wedding. John will be do tastings in the Winery.
- CHRISTMAS HOURS: Restaurant Closed Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. Cellar Door Open Christmas Eve but Closed Boxing Day. Then both Restaurant and Cellar Door OPEN everyday!
- A few tweeks to the menu! Check them out!
- Ake Ake wines win medals at 2014 NZ International wine show: Silver – Ake Ake Chambourcin 2013Bronze – Ake Ake Pinotage 2013Bronze – Ake Ake Pinot Grigio 2014Bronze – Ake Ake Chardonnay 2013Bronze – Ake Ake Gewurztraminer 2013
- Chris has done the menu for Christmas Day. Click here to view.
- Ake Ake Vineyard we are in our final year for the transition period to become a certified Organic Vineyard with Organic Farm NZ and will be fully certified in September 2015