At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
- We have decided to CLOSE on SUNDAY NIGHTS. So, our OPENING hours are as follows: LUNCH - MONDAY TO SUNDAY (7 DAYS) AND DINNER: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (6 DAYS)
- Tapas on a Thursday night has been put on HOLD for the Winter. We will resume in the Summer.
- John and family are now away for 8 weeks, but don't worry we will take care of any wine tastings and sales.
- Ake Ake Vineyard has commenced the transition period to become a certified Organic Vineyard with Organic Farm NZ
- Ake Ake wines win medals at NZ International Wine Show