At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
Some of our customers have asked about Crystals at the bottom of some thier wine bottles, these are totally natural , totally harmless and a sign of a less processed wine. More info on the vineyard wine page.
- Just a Head's Up: The Restaurant is CLOSED for Lunch & Dinner on Saturday 21st November for our First Wedding of the Season.
- We are NOT going to be OPEN for Christmas Lunch this year - Sorry!
- Our trail through the vineyard is now open, FREE to all our customers, 1 km long with infromation along the way.
- Our latest release is a barrel aged Gewurztraminer from the 2015 vintage, spicy, gingery complex and delicious.
- After three years of hard work we are now a fully certified Organic vineyard. Our first fully certified organic wine will be from the 2016 vintage.