At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
Preservative Free wine
We have just released our first wine made without the use of preservatives, adding sulphur to the wine. We keep the sulphur levels in all our wines very low but with this 2015 Syrah we just decided not to add any. I see no reason why this wine wont age but its tasting delisous and ready to drink at the moment. 2ppm Free sulphur and 3ppm Total.
Some of our customers have asked about Crystals at the bottom of some their wine bottles, these are totally natural , totally harmless and a sign of a less processed wine. More info on the vineyard wine page.
- Don't forget "FATHER'S DAY" Sunday 4th September.
- Chris has changed a couple of things on the Menu.
- Fully Booked for Dinner on TUESDAY 30TH AUGUST.
- Restaurant Winter Opening Hours: LUNCH: Monday to Sunday. DINNER: Monday to Saturday.
- We have just got in some Cool gifts! They are made from "Re-purposed" Wine Bottles from Ake Ake - so it's like Full Circle! The items include: GroBots (self watering planters), Water Glasses, Hanging Tea light Lanterns and Tea light holders. Come in and check them out!