At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
- Chris has been busy mentoring the Team of Year 8 students at Springbank School again this year and they are through to the Regional Finals! They go down to Auckland this Friday 21st June to perform in front of the judges and TV cameras. Good luck guys!!
- Chris has also been busy creating some awesome platters and candle holders from Wine Barrels. Come in and have a look!
- Steak and Bavarian Schnitzel Night is tonight - Thursday 20th June. There will be a choice of 2 different cuts of Prime Angus Beef OR Genuine Bavarian Schnitzel, 2 different sauces, 3 different potato dishes and the ever popular Salad Bar. All for only $29.95! We will be featuring this on every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the Month, next one is July 4th.
- Ake Ake Vineyard and Restaurant will be closed for re-furbishment from Sunday 14th July until Tuesday 30th July. We will reopen on Wednesday 31st July.
- Cellar Door is Open 7 Days - If unattended please honk your horn
- Restaurant hours are: LUNCH AND DINNER: WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY CLOSED MONDAYS + TUESDAYS.
- We are FULLY BOOKED for Dinner on Saturday 22nd July and 29th July.
- We have decided to hold a MID WINTER CHRISTMAS PARTY on the evening of Saturday July 13th. Since we are now FULLY BOOKED for the Saturday we are going to hold this event on the Friday 12th July as well.Go to "Events" Page for more information.
- We have also decided to OPEN on Christmas Day this year. We had so many requests last year that we have decided to do it. For more information go to the "Events" page.
- Ake Ake Vineyard has commenced the transition period to become a certified Organic Vineyard with Organic Farm NZ
- Ake Ake wines win medals at NZ International Wine Show
- View our latest newsletter here (opens in new window)